START WITH: 1 Large Sweet Potato (about 1 cup cooked)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Apple sauce
- 3 oz Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup No-Calorie Sweetener (Xylitol, Stevia or natural Sweeteners)
- 3/4 Cup Xylitol Brown Sugar
- 4 Egg Whites (Liquid egg whites) or 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Cups Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (the more natural the better)
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- Non Stick Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato. Microwave for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the skin from sweet potato and let cool.
- Cream applesauce, Greek yogurt, sweetener, brown sugar, and egg whites in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together oat flour, protein, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Stir the mashed sweet potato into the wet ingredients until most of the lumps are gone.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until everything is incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the cookies onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
1. After you cook the potato, make sure to let it cool in the refrigerator before stirring it into the wet ingredients, or else it will cook the eggs, ruining your cookies!
2. These cookies are typically about 36 calories each, but that will vary depending on which type of protein you use. I pick the protein with my little mug on it.
3. Make sure to mix the dry ingredients well because some of these spices are really strong. If the batter isn't mixed well enough, one bite of cookie could be overwhelming.
4. You can substitute whole eggs if you prefer; I'm just trying to cut down on some of the fat. You can also substitute real brown sugar. I use the Xylitol to help cut down on calories.
Recipe courtesy of Body Building.com